Middle Tennessee Electric celebrates 80th Anniversary
Middle Tennessee Electric is celebrating its 80th Anniversary of providing power to its members with appreciation events at each of its offices this week.
"For the last 80 years, the members of our cooperative have reaped the benefits of owning their own, not-for-profit electric business -- Middle Tennessee Electric," said Chris Jones, MTEMC president and CEO. "They not only enjoy rates 20 percent below the national average, they also have a voice in how their cooperative is run through their elected Board of Directors. And, of course, they have a team of dedicated, local employees who serve them 24/7."
Members are encouraged to stop by their local MTEMC office this week to celebrate. The following are the celebration events planned:
- Franklin Office - Tuesday, 8 - 11:00 a.m., bagels and juice will be available in the lobby
- Woodbury Office - Wednesday, 8 ? 11, donuts and juice will be served
- Murfreesboro Office - Wednesday, 1 - 4 p.m., fresh popped popcorn and bottle waters will be served in the lobby
- Mt. Juliet Office - Wednesday, 8 ? 10 a.m., pastries will be available
- Lebanon Office - Wednesday, 11 ? 1p.m., come have lunch with us, hotdogs, chips and a drink will be served
- Smyrna Office - Thursday, 1 - 4 p.m., fresh popped popcorn and bottle waters will be served in the lobby
*As a note, all events are while supplies last.
Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative providing electricity to more than 214,000 residential and business members in Williamson, Wilson, Rutherford and Cannon counties.
For more information, please contact Middle Tennessee Electric's Vice President of Communications & Member Service Robert White at 615-494-1058.