Special Incentive Programs for Business
MTEMC offers a variety of energy efficiency incentive programs for commercial and industrial members.
In addition, MTEMC also plays a role in economic development by offering its commercial and industrial members with the following options.
Valley Investment Initiative
This initiative is an economic development incentive program jointly conducted by TVA and MTEMC. For qualifying members, the Valley Investment Initiative offers incentives for members' continued capital investment, job retention and growth, higher-than-average wages, energy efficiency and power usage characteristics that complement the TVA power system.
Small Manufacturing Credit
This program is designed to help avoid a potential loss of manufacturing load, which would threaten TVA's ability to keep rates low for all consumers. The credit offers significant power cost savings to qualifying manufacturers, which in turn helps retain manufacturing load in the Tennessee Valley region.
Economic Development Partners
Middle Tennessee Electric partners with a number of local and regional organizations to encourage community and economic development. A number of informational links are included on this page, but if you need a starting point for information specific to MTEMC's service territory, feel free to contact an MTEMC key accounts coordinator.
Tennessee Valley Authority
- http://www.tvaed.com/ -- general information about TVA economic development
- http://www.tvasites.com/ -- regional economic development sites and buildings
Middle Tennessee Industrial Development Association
- http://www.mtida.org/ -- general information about the association created by MTEMC and other electric distributors for industrial economic development
- http://www.dealready.com/ -- certified industrial sites ready for development
State of Tennessee
- http://www.state.tn.us/ecd/ -- general information about the state’s economic development arm